Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
NYC 9/11 memorial surpasses 4 million visitors
Thursday - 8/9/2012, 4:26pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) - More than 4 million people have visited the Sept. 11 memorial at the World Trade Center since it opened last summer on the 10th anniversary of the terror attacks.
The National September 11 Memorial & Museum announced the milestone Thursday.
The nonprofit foundation says visitors have come from all 50 states and 170 countries to see the two giant reflecting pools ringed by waterfalls that make up the memorial.
Memorial President Joe Daniels says all those visitors are helping to preserve the memory of those who died.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)