Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Family of NYC ad exec files suit in elevator death
Wednesday - 1/30/2013, 6:42am EST
NEW YORK (AP) - The family of a New York City advertising executive who was crushed to death in an elevator accident in 2011 has sued the repair company.
The suit was filed by Suzanne Hart's father, Alex Hart, against Transel Elevator and Electric.
It alleges Transel caused her death because it failed to re-enable a safety circuit and disconnect a cable that bypassed the circuit.
The New York Post ( http://bit.ly/WxnD1K) says the suit was filed last week.
The company declined to comment.
Hart was dragged between an elevator and a wall when the car started rising with the doors still open as she tried to get in.
Five elevator mechanics on duty that day were fired.
Information from: New York Post, http://www.nypost.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)