Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Family of NYC ad exec files suit in elevator death
Wednesday - 1/30/2013, 6:42am EST
NEW YORK (AP) - The family of a New York City advertising executive who was crushed to death in an elevator accident in 2011 has sued the repair company.
The suit was filed by Suzanne Hart's father, Alex Hart, against Transel Elevator and Electric.
It alleges Transel caused her death because it failed to re-enable a safety circuit and disconnect a cable that bypassed the circuit.
The New York Post ( http://bit.ly/WxnD1K) says the suit was filed last week.
The company declined to comment.
Hart was dragged between an elevator and a wall when the car started rising with the doors still open as she tried to get in.
Five elevator mechanics on duty that day were fired.
Information from: New York Post, http://www.nypost.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)