Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Whitey Bulger's girlfriend wants less prison time
Wednesday - 11/14/2012, 8:36pm EST
BOSTON (AP) - The longtime girlfriend of former Boston mobster James "Whitey" Bulger (BUHL'-jur) has filed an appeal aimed at shaving time off her prison sentence for helping him while he was a fugitive.
Catherine Greig (grehg) pleaded guilty to charges related to helping Bulger stay on the run for 16 years. She's serving an eight-year sentence at a low-security federal prison in Minnesota. Her lawyer said Wednesday people who claim their relatives were killed by Bulger shouldn't have been allowed to speak at her June sentencing.
Bulger is 83. Greig is in her 60s. They were posing as married retirees from Chicago when authorities arrested them in Santa Monica, Calif., last year.
Bulger is a former Winter Hill Gang leader and FBI informant who fled Boston in 1994. He's charged with participating in 19 murders. He has pleaded not guilty.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)