Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Whitey Bulger's girlfriend wants less prison time
Wednesday - 11/14/2012, 8:36pm EST
BOSTON (AP) - The longtime girlfriend of former Boston mobster James "Whitey" Bulger (BUHL'-jur) has filed an appeal aimed at shaving time off her prison sentence for helping him while he was a fugitive.
Catherine Greig (grehg) pleaded guilty to charges related to helping Bulger stay on the run for 16 years. She's serving an eight-year sentence at a low-security federal prison in Minnesota. Her lawyer said Wednesday people who claim their relatives were killed by Bulger shouldn't have been allowed to speak at her June sentencing.
Bulger is 83. Greig is in her 60s. They were posing as married retirees from Chicago when authorities arrested them in Santa Monica, Calif., last year.
Bulger is a former Winter Hill Gang leader and FBI informant who fled Boston in 1994. He's charged with participating in 19 murders. He has pleaded not guilty.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)