Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Judge denies bond to Kilpatrick, ex-Detroit mayor
Wednesday - 3/27/2013, 11:50am EDT
DETROIT (AP) - A federal judge has denied a request by ex-Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick to be released on bond while he awaits sentencing.
U.S. District Judge Nancy Edmunds made the bond denial decision on Wednesday. She cited Kilpatrick's criminal record and history of problems adhering to parole conditions.
A lawyer for Kilpatrick had argued that his client isn't a flight risk or a danger to the public. Kilpatrick also has complained that he needs to leave prison so he can receive treatment for a knee injury.
Kilpatrick's mother, former U.S. Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, had offered her Detroit home as collateral to ensure her son shows up to court for sentencing.
A federal jury on March 11 found Kilpatrick and his friend Bobby Ferguson guilty on multiple counts, including racketeering conspiracy.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)