Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
NORAD flights early Wednesday are just training exercise
Wednesday - 6/15/2011, 5:57am EDT
The North American Aerospace Defense Command is conducting its training flights over the Washington region until 5 a.m. The exercise is designed to hone NORAD's ability to intercept planes.
Civil Air Patrol aircraft, Air Force F-16s and a U.S. Coast Guard HH-65 Dolphin helicopter will participate.
Since Sept. 11, 2001, NORAD flights have responded to more than 3,400 possible air threats in the U.S.
Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2011 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)