Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Tour bus crashes in Pa.; serious injuries reported
Saturday - 3/16/2013, 10:38am EDT
CARLISLE, Pa. (AP) - Authorities say a tour bus has crashed on a freeway in central Pennsylvania, and serious injuries have been reported.
Megan Silverstram of the Cumberland County public safety department says the crash in the eastbound lanes of the Pennsylvania Turnpike was reported just before 9 a.m. Saturday.
She says there are reports of multiple injuries, including that some are serious.
Photos from the scene show the bus upright on the side of the road, part of its left side shorn off, though it's not clear whether that was from impact or emergency workers attempting to reach people inside the bus. At least one person was wheeled away in a stretcher.
Silverstram says it's unclear how many people were aboard, where the bus came from or where it was going.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)