Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Beast quake: Seahawks fans rock stadium again
Sunday - 1/12/2014, 4:01pm EST
SEATTLE (AP) -- Seismologists say Seahawks fans shook the ground under Seattle's CenturyLink Field during Saturday's defeat of the New Orleans Saints, causing another fan-generated earthquake.
The scientists believe the small earthquake during a Marshawn Lynch touchdown was likely greater than Lynch's famous "beast quake" touchdown run three years ago, which also came against New Orleans during a playoff game.
John Vidale of the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network at the University of Washington told The Seattle Times (http://is.gd/l3W6Fk ) they will know for sure in a few days.
Fans jumped and stomped their way to magnitude 1 or 2 earthquake in 2011 during Lynch's rambling, tackle-breaking "beast quake" run.
Information from: The Seattle Times, http://www.seattletimes.com
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.