Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Short earns 1 of 5 cards for Champions Tour
Saturday - 11/23/2013, 4:29pm EST
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) -- Wes Short Jr. earned one of five Champions Tour cards for next season in his first attempt at the 50-and-older circuit.
Short turns 50 on Dec. 4. He closed with 68 to tie the Champions Tour Q-school record at 20-under 264. He earned $30,000 for his five-shot victory over Mike Reid and Jim Rutledge of Canada. Rutledge started the final round outside the top 12 and closed with a 65 in rainy conditions at the TPC Scottsdale to earn his card.
The final two spots were decided in a playoff Saturday morning because of the rain.
Scott Dunlap and Jeff Hart each made par on the first playoff hole to get full exempt status for 2014 season.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.