Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Gasol out indefinitely with left knee sprain
Saturday - 11/23/2013, 6:48pm EST
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- Memphis Grizzlies center Marc Gasol has a left knee sprain that won't require surgery, but the reigning NBA defensive player of the year will be out indefinitely.
The team announced the sprain of his MCL after an MRI on Saturday.
Gasol suffered the injury early in the second quarter of Friday night's loss to the San Antonio Spurs. Replays indicated there was little if any contact before Gasol grabbed his knee under the Spurs' basket. He went to the Memphis locker room and did not return.
Gasol was second on the Grizzlies in points, rebounding and assists entering the game.
Kosta Koufos, obtained from the Denver Nuggets in an offseason trade, started the second half in Gasol's place. He's expected to fill in for the 7-foot-1 center.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.