Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Alabama-A&M best CBS afternoon rating since '90
Sunday - 9/15/2013, 6:00pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- Defending national champion Alabama's win over Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel and Texas A&M has drawn the highest preliminary television rating for an afternoon regular-season college football game on CBS in 23 years.
The top-ranked Crimson Tide's 49-42 victory Saturday over the No. 6 Aggies earned a 9.0 overnight rating and 21 share. The network said Sunday that was the best since a 10.1 for Miami-Notre Dame on Oct. 20, 1990.
The rating was triple that for CBS's first SEC broadcast of the season a year ago, a 3.0/7 for Alabama-Arkansas.
The rematch had been highly anticipated ever since A&M stunned Alabama on the road last year, catapulting its quarterback to become the first freshman to win the Heisman. Manziel's offseason NCAA issues only added to the intrigue.
The two teams didn't disappoint Saturday in a back-and-forth game in which Johnny Football accounted for 562 total yards.
Ratings represent the percentage of all homes with televisions tuned to a program. Shares represent the percentage of all homes with TVs in use at the time. Overnight ratings measure the country's largest markets.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.