Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Washington Nationals give GM Rizzo new contract
Thursday - 8/1/2013, 10:50pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Washington Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo has signed a new contract and been given the title of President of Baseball Operations.
The Nationals announced the deal in a news release on Thursday night, when the team did not have a game.
A year after winning the NL East and leading the major leagues with 98 wins, Washington is 52-56 and entered Thursday trailing the division-leading Atlanta Braves by 11 games.
Rizzo gained plenty of attention in 2012 for deciding to shut down pitcher Stephen Strasburg in September.
Rizzo was hired by the Nationals as an assistant GM in 2006, and was promoted to general manager in 2009.
The club called his new deal a "long-term contract" but did not specify its length.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.