Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Washington Nationals give GM Rizzo new contract
Thursday - 8/1/2013, 10:50pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Washington Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo has signed a new contract and been given the title of President of Baseball Operations.
The Nationals announced the deal in a news release on Thursday night, when the team did not have a game.
A year after winning the NL East and leading the major leagues with 98 wins, Washington is 52-56 and entered Thursday trailing the division-leading Atlanta Braves by 11 games.
Rizzo gained plenty of attention in 2012 for deciding to shut down pitcher Stephen Strasburg in September.
Rizzo was hired by the Nationals as an assistant GM in 2006, and was promoted to general manager in 2009.
The club called his new deal a "long-term contract" but did not specify its length.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.