Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Teen arrested in Calif. 'Surf City' mob violence
Friday - 8/2/2013, 12:10am EDT
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (AP) -- A 15-year-old boy has become the ninth person arrested in connection with mob violence that erupted in a Southern California beach town after a popular surf contest.
The Orange County Register reports (http://bit.ly/14lVj9s ) that the boy arrested Thursday is suspected of throwing glass bottles at police and tipping over portable toilets in his hometown of Huntington Beach on Sunday night after the U.S. Open of Surfing, which draws an annual crowd of thousands.
The boy's name was withheld because he's a juvenile.
On Wednesday, police arrested an 18-year-old Chino man on suspicion of lighting fires during the disturbance. Seven others, including a Fullerton firefighter, were arrested previously.
The mob broke windows, looted and fought in Huntington Beach's downtown streets. There were several injuries and thousands of dollars in damage.
Information from: The Orange County Register, http://www.ocregister.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.