Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Prosecutor brings $5M tax fraud case against Messi
Wednesday - 6/12/2013, 11:30am EDT
MADRID (AP) -- A tax fraud lawsuit has been filed against Barcelona star Lionel Messi for $5.3 million in unpaid income tax.
The document presented to the court on Wednesday also brings a lawsuit against his father, Jorge Horacio Messi. Both are accused of three offenses against the public purse for allegedly defrauding millions on income tax returns for 2007, 2008 and 2009.
A Spanish state prosecutor of Catalonia lodged the complaint, signed by prosecutor Raquel Amado. It has been submitted for trial at the courthouse in Gava, the Barcelona district where the Argentina forward lives.
A judge at the courthouse must accept the prosecutor's lawsuit before charges can be brought against Messi and his father.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.