Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Jets' Goodson declines to discuss drug, gun case
Wednesday - 6/12/2013, 10:10am EDT
MORRISTOWN, N.J. (AP) -- Prosecutors in New Jersey are sending the drug and weapons case against New York Jets running back Mike Goodson to a grand jury.
Goodson made a brief appearance in court in Morristown on Wednesday. He and his attorney declined to comment afterward.
Goodson and a friend were arrested last month after they were found in a car stopped on Interstate 80. The men were charged with marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia and weapons offenses. Police say they found a .45-caliber semi-automatic handgun and a hollow-point bullet in the vehicle.
The 25-year-old has pleaded not guilty and has taken part in some preseason practices with the Jets.
Assistant Morris County Prosecutor Peter Foy says no plea deal is on the table.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.