Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Giants put 3B Sandoval on DL with foot problem
Tuesday - 6/11/2013, 9:52pm EDT
PITTSBURGH (AP) -- The San Francisco Giants put third baseman Pablo Sandoval on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday because of a strained left foot.
Sandoval will wear a walking boot for one week then be reevaluated. San Francisco Giants manager Bruce Bochy was hopeful Sandoval will be ready to play when he is eligible to come off the DL on June 25.
Giants head athletic trainer Dave Groeschner disputed reports that the injury was a hairline fracture. He said that was an old injury that had showed up on the X-ray.
Sandoval is hitting .289 with eight home runs in 57 games this season. He helped the Giants sweep the Detroit Tigers last October to win their second World Series in three years by hitting three home runs in Game 1.
Infielder Nick Noonan was recalled from Triple-A Fresno to take the World Series MVP's roster spot before the Giants played Pittsburgh. Noonan was optioned to Fresno on Saturday after spending the entire season with the Giants.
Noonan hit .203 with one double in 59 at-bats for San Francisco. In one game with Fresno, he went 3 for 5 with a double and two RBIs.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.