Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Chase Elliott wins ARCA race at Pocono
Saturday - 6/8/2013, 7:00pm EDT
LONG POND, Pa. (AP) -- Chase Elliott has won the ARCA Racing Series race Saturday at Pocono Raceway.
The 17-year-old Elliott is the son of 1988 NASCAR champion Bill Elliott. He became the youngest ever winner in ARCA.
Elliott took a major step Wednesday when he tested an ARCA car at Pocono. He took advantage of an ARCA Racing Series rule change that allows 17-year-olds to drive at both Pocono Raceway and Kentucky Speedway this year as long as they complete a test and meet other requirements by the series.
His familiarity paid off in a big way on Saturday. Elliott held off fellow 17-year-old driver Erik Jones for the win. Points leader Frank Kimmel, a true old-timer at 51, was third.
Bill Elliott won five times at Pocono in the Cup series.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.