Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Chase Elliott wins ARCA race at Pocono
Saturday - 6/8/2013, 7:00pm EDT
LONG POND, Pa. (AP) -- Chase Elliott has won the ARCA Racing Series race Saturday at Pocono Raceway.
The 17-year-old Elliott is the son of 1988 NASCAR champion Bill Elliott. He became the youngest ever winner in ARCA.
Elliott took a major step Wednesday when he tested an ARCA car at Pocono. He took advantage of an ARCA Racing Series rule change that allows 17-year-olds to drive at both Pocono Raceway and Kentucky Speedway this year as long as they complete a test and meet other requirements by the series.
His familiarity paid off in a big way on Saturday. Elliott held off fellow 17-year-old driver Erik Jones for the win. Points leader Frank Kimmel, a true old-timer at 51, was third.
Bill Elliott won five times at Pocono in the Cup series.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.