Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
IndyCar altering qualifying in doubleheaders
Wednesday - 5/22/2013, 6:49pm EDT
DETROIT (AP) -- IndyCar says qualifying for the second race of series doubleheaders at Belle Isle, Toronto and Houston will be split into two groups.
All cars will be split into the groups for 12 minutes each, with five minutes of guaranteed green-flag time. That's a change from the initial plan for a 30-minute, all-car session.
Series race director Beaux Barfield says splitting up qualifying for the second race of these doubleheaders will "give a premium to the amount of track time available to each competitor" and "improve the ability for competitors to get a clean lap and post a true lap time."
IndyCar is hosting doubleheader races at Belle Isle (June 1-2), Toronto (July 13-14) and Houston (Oct. 5-6).
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.