Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
IndyCar altering qualifying in doubleheaders
Wednesday - 5/22/2013, 6:49pm EDT
DETROIT (AP) -- IndyCar says qualifying for the second race of series doubleheaders at Belle Isle, Toronto and Houston will be split into two groups.
All cars will be split into the groups for 12 minutes each, with five minutes of guaranteed green-flag time. That's a change from the initial plan for a 30-minute, all-car session.
Series race director Beaux Barfield says splitting up qualifying for the second race of these doubleheaders will "give a premium to the amount of track time available to each competitor" and "improve the ability for competitors to get a clean lap and post a true lap time."
IndyCar is hosting doubleheader races at Belle Isle (June 1-2), Toronto (July 13-14) and Houston (Oct. 5-6).
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.