Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
IndyCar altering qualifying in doubleheaders
Wednesday - 5/22/2013, 6:49pm EDT
DETROIT (AP) -- IndyCar says qualifying for the second race of series doubleheaders at Belle Isle, Toronto and Houston will be split into two groups.
All cars will be split into the groups for 12 minutes each, with five minutes of guaranteed green-flag time. That's a change from the initial plan for a 30-minute, all-car session.
Series race director Beaux Barfield says splitting up qualifying for the second race of these doubleheaders will "give a premium to the amount of track time available to each competitor" and "improve the ability for competitors to get a clean lap and post a true lap time."
IndyCar is hosting doubleheader races at Belle Isle (June 1-2), Toronto (July 13-14) and Houston (Oct. 5-6).
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.