Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Seahawks select Harding LB Ty Powell in 7th round
Saturday - 4/27/2013, 8:10pm EDT
RENTON, Wash. (AP) -- The Seattle Seahawks selected outside linebacker Ty Powell out of Division II Harding University with their second pick in the seventh round.
Powell is the first player from the Arkansas school to be drafted in 30 years. Bruce Baldwin was the last player to be selected out of Harding, by the Denver Broncos in the fifth round of the 1983 draft.
Powell played defensive end, linebacker and safety at Harding. Seattle could look to him as a depth option as a situation pass rusher behind Chris Clemons, Bruce Irvin and Cliff Avril. Seattle likes smaller, fast ends to play the "Leo" position in their defense and at 249 pounds, he fits the type.
Powell recorded 40 tackles, with 15 for loss, and 8.5 sacks during his senior season.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.