Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Broncos select Va Tech tackle in 6th round
Saturday - 4/27/2013, 5:30pm EDT
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) -- The Denver Broncos have selected Virginia Tech offensive tackle Vinston Painter in the sixth round of the NFL draft.
Painter is more comfortable at left tackle but could back up both Ryan Clady on the left side and Orlando Franklin on the right side. He can also play guard at 6-foot-6 and 309 pounds.
Painter started 13 games last season, when he was a fifth-year senior. As a freshman, he worked at defensive tackle before moving back to offense.
The Broncos have four starters along the offensive line who are coming off surgeries that will limit their offseason field work. They picked Painter on Saturday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.