Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Redskins take FSU LB Brandon Jenkins in 5th round
Saturday - 4/27/2013, 4:51pm EDT
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) -- The Washington Redskins have selected Brandon Jenkins of Florida State in the fifth round of the NFL draft.
Jenkins played defensive end in college, but he's expected to be an outside linebacker in the Redskins' 3-4 scheme.
The Redskins chose Jenkins at No. 162 overall Saturday. It was the pick they acquired in the trade that sent Albert Haynesworth to the New England Patriots in 2011.
Jenkins missed nearly the entire 2012 season after breaking his left foot in the opening game.
He was the second player taken by the Redskins in the fifth round -- both from Florida State, and both coming off a serious injury. The team earlier chose Seminoles running back Chris Thompson, who is recovering from a major knee surgery.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.