Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Redskins take FSU LB Brandon Jenkins in 5th round
Saturday - 4/27/2013, 4:51pm EDT
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) -- The Washington Redskins have selected Brandon Jenkins of Florida State in the fifth round of the NFL draft.
Jenkins played defensive end in college, but he's expected to be an outside linebacker in the Redskins' 3-4 scheme.
The Redskins chose Jenkins at No. 162 overall Saturday. It was the pick they acquired in the trade that sent Albert Haynesworth to the New England Patriots in 2011.
Jenkins missed nearly the entire 2012 season after breaking his left foot in the opening game.
He was the second player taken by the Redskins in the fifth round -- both from Florida State, and both coming off a serious injury. The team earlier chose Seminoles running back Chris Thompson, who is recovering from a major knee surgery.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.