Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Honda names de Ferran technical consultant
Saturday - 4/20/2013, 8:50pm EDT
LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP) -- Honda Performance Development has added two-time champion Gil de Ferran as a technical consultant and adviser.
The 2003 Indianapolis 500 winner has been associated with Honda since 1996, and de Ferran won his first CART race for the manufacturer that year at Cleveland. He won six races, 16 poles and the 2000 and 2001 championships with Honda.
In qualifying for the 2000 finale at California Speedway, de Ferran set a world closed-course speed record of 241.426 mph with a Honda engine. The record still stands as the fastest ever recorded at an official race meeting.
Honda Performance Development competes in IndyCar, and both the American Le Mans Series and the FIA World Endurance Championship. HPD also offers a variety of race engines for track applications from prototype sports cars to karting.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.