Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Honda names de Ferran technical consultant
Saturday - 4/20/2013, 8:50pm EDT
LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP) -- Honda Performance Development has added two-time champion Gil de Ferran as a technical consultant and adviser.
The 2003 Indianapolis 500 winner has been associated with Honda since 1996, and de Ferran won his first CART race for the manufacturer that year at Cleveland. He won six races, 16 poles and the 2000 and 2001 championships with Honda.
In qualifying for the 2000 finale at California Speedway, de Ferran set a world closed-course speed record of 241.426 mph with a Honda engine. The record still stands as the fastest ever recorded at an official race meeting.
Honda Performance Development competes in IndyCar, and both the American Le Mans Series and the FIA World Endurance Championship. HPD also offers a variety of race engines for track applications from prototype sports cars to karting.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.