Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Nationals putting 3B Zimmerman on 15-day DL
Saturday - 4/20/2013, 8:30pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- The Washington Nationals are putting third baseman Ryan Zimmerman on the 15-day disabled list because a strained left hamstring and promoting prize prospect Anthony Rendon from Double-A for his big league debut.
Zimmerman did not play Friday or Saturday at New York against the Mets. He had an MRI on Saturday and manager Davey Johnson made the announcement after a 7-6 win.
The 28-year-old Zimmerman was hitting .226 with one home run and 11 RBIs in 15 games. He's also made four errors this season.
Johnson said the injury needed about 10 days to heal and didn't want to take any chances with Zimmerman hurting himself more.
The 22-year-old Rendon was a first-round draft pick in 2011. He is hitting .292 with two homers and seven RBIs at Harrisburg. Johnson said he expected Rendon would start in Zimmerman's place.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.