Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Nationals putting 3B Zimmerman on 15-day DL
Saturday - 4/20/2013, 8:30pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- The Washington Nationals are putting third baseman Ryan Zimmerman on the 15-day disabled list because a strained left hamstring and promoting prize prospect Anthony Rendon from Double-A for his big league debut.
Zimmerman did not play Friday or Saturday at New York against the Mets. He had an MRI on Saturday and manager Davey Johnson made the announcement after a 7-6 win.
The 28-year-old Zimmerman was hitting .226 with one home run and 11 RBIs in 15 games. He's also made four errors this season.
Johnson said the injury needed about 10 days to heal and didn't want to take any chances with Zimmerman hurting himself more.
The 22-year-old Rendon was a first-round draft pick in 2011. He is hitting .292 with two homers and seven RBIs at Harrisburg. Johnson said he expected Rendon would start in Zimmerman's place.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.