Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Orioles' Jurrjens leaves with bruised right rib
Wednesday - 3/27/2013, 10:10pm EDT
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) -- Baltimore Orioles starting pitcher Jair Jurrjens was hit by a line drive and left Wednesday night's game against the Yankees because of a bruised right rib.
In the second inning, New York's Thomas Neal lined a ball off Jurrjens and he fell to the mound. Jurrjens was replaced by Tommy Hunter, who finished the inning.
Jurrjens, a 2011 NL All-Star with Atlanta, signed a minor league contract with Baltimore last month. The right-hander was one of the early contenders for the Orioles' No. 5 starting spot, but had fallen behind Jake Arrieta and Brian Matusz.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.