Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Verizon signs 2-year extension with IndyCar
Friday - 3/22/2013, 12:00pm EDT
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) -- IndyCar has signed a two-year extension with Verizon Wireless that expands its sponsorship to cover the pole award.
The pole award contingency money and trophy will be for all 19 IndyCar races beginning with Sunday's season-opener through the streets of St. Pete.
Verizon will mark the award with a gold medallion on the rear wing endplate of the pole-winning car each week. The medallion will be changed to silver following the event, and each subsequent pole earned will be represented with a star on the medallion.
Verizon is also planning enhancements to the IndyCar 13 app that's available on Verizon Android OS and all-carrier Apple iOS smartphones and tablets.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.