Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Verizon signs 2-year extension with IndyCar
Friday - 3/22/2013, 12:00pm EDT
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) -- IndyCar has signed a two-year extension with Verizon Wireless that expands its sponsorship to cover the pole award.
The pole award contingency money and trophy will be for all 19 IndyCar races beginning with Sunday's season-opener through the streets of St. Pete.
Verizon will mark the award with a gold medallion on the rear wing endplate of the pole-winning car each week. The medallion will be changed to silver following the event, and each subsequent pole earned will be represented with a star on the medallion.
Verizon is also planning enhancements to the IndyCar 13 app that's available on Verizon Android OS and all-carrier Apple iOS smartphones and tablets.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.