Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Ligety wins World Cup GS title with race to spare
Saturday - 3/9/2013, 8:12am EST
KRANJSKA GORA, Slovenia (AP) -- Ted Ligety clinched the World Cup giant slalom title Saturday by winning his fifth race of the season.
It's the American's fourth discipline title after also winning in 2008 and 2010-11. He also successfully defended his GS title at the world championships last month.
Ligety held on to his first-run lead to win Saturday's race in 2 minutes, 35.43 seconds.
With one GS race still to go, the victory earned Ligety an insurmountable 125-point lead over Austria's Marcel Hirscher, who was 0.45 behind in second.
Alexis Pinturault of France came third, 0.77 behind.
In the overall standings, Hirscher extended his lead to 69 points over Norway's Aksel Lund Svindal, who finished sixth.
The last GS of the season takes place next Saturday during the World Cup finals in Lenzerheide, Switzerland.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.