Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Pistorius settling case against former neighbor
Tuesday - 3/5/2013, 7:30am EST
JOHANNESBURG (AP) -- Oscar Pistorius is settling a three-year-old case against a former neighbor over reputation damages in a dispute that has now been overshadowed by the murder charges the Olympic star faces in the Valentine's Day shooting of his girlfriend.
Pistorius' reputation management firm confirmed the plans after the Sunday Tribune first reported the story. Lunice Johnston of Vuma said that the merits in the separate case "are no longer relevant."
The Sunday Tribune said the dispute centered on accusations that Pistorius slammed a door on the former neighbor during a party while the athlete said that the woman was aggressive and injured herself.
Pistorius is free on bail facing murder charges in the shooting death of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp. Pistorius says he shot her, mistaking her for an intruder.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.