Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Roberts, Reimold, Betimit HR as O's beat Pirates
Friday - 3/1/2013, 6:10pm EST
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) -- Brian Roberts had three hits and a home run, and Nolan Reimold and Wilson Betemit hit consecutive home runs Friday to lead the Baltimore Orioles over a Pittsburgh Pirates' split squad 6-5.
Gaby Sanchez homered twice for the Pirates.
Limited by concussions, back problems and hip surgery to 115 games during the past three seasons, Roberts hasn't hit a regular-season home run since 2011. He connected in the first against James McDonald.
Reimold, who missed most of last year due to neck surgery, hit a two-run home run in the second ahead of Betemit's homer. Reimold left the game after the homer.
McDonald, the loser, allowed four runs and six hits in three innings.
Making his spring training debut, winner Jason Hammel allowed one hit in two scoreless innings.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.