Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
US criticizes NKorea for wining and dining Rodman
Saturday - 3/2/2013, 3:30am EST
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The State Department is criticizing North Korea for, quote, "wining and dining" visiting ex-NBA star Dennis Rodman while its own people go hungry.
Spokesman Patrick Ventrell Friday distanced the U.S. government from Rodman's visit to Pyongyang this week and his praise for the nation's leader Kim Jong Un and his predecessors.
Rodman departed the country Friday, calling Kim an "awesome guy." He watched a basketball game with the authoritarian leader Thursday and later drank and dined on sushi with him.
Ventrell told reporters that North Korea has a horrific human rights record, possibly the worst in the world.
He said, "You've got the regime spending money to wine and dine foreign visitors, when they should be feeding their own people."
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.