Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
NASCAR driver Jeremy Clements suspended
Wednesday - 2/27/2013, 10:00pm EST
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- NASCAR has suspended Nationwide Series driver Jeremy Clements for violating the sanctioning body's code of conduct.
The suspension announced Wednesday is indefinite.
NASCAR senior vice president of racing operations Steve O'Donnell said Clements made an "intolerable and insensitive remark" during the course of an interview.
No other details were given, and Clements did not go in depth in a statement released Wednesday night.
"I apologize and regret what I said to the NASCAR writer and to NASCAR, my sponsors, my fans, and my team," he posted on his Facebook page. "NASCAR has a Code of Conduct that everyone must follow and I unintentionally violated that code. I will not get into specifics of what I said but my comment to the writer was in no way meant to be disrespectful or insensitive to anyone or to be detrimental to NASCAR or the NASCAR Nationwide Series. I will do what I need to do in order to atone for my error in judgment. "
Clements finished 33rd in Saturday's race at Daytona after dropping out early with an oil line problem.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.