Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Harvick opens final season with RCR with a victory
Sunday - 2/17/2013, 12:21pm EST
AP Auto Racing Writer
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Kevin Harvick and his Richard Childress Racing team sent a message to the garage following their dominating win in the first race of the 2013 season.
The team has 38 final races together and plans to get everything out of each one of them.
Harvick won Saturday night's exhibition Sprint Unlimited to open his last season with RCR. He's moving to Stewart-Haas Racing in 2014, a decision made more than a year before he'll leave the team that hired him in 1999.
He didn't want news of his departure out too early, and when it leaked last November with two races remaining in the season, it could have disrupted his final 13 months with RCR.
Instead, Harvick is determined to show this won't be a lame duck season.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.