Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Waltrip, Johnson among Daytona half marathoners
Saturday - 2/16/2013, 4:30pm EST
AP Sports Writer
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Two-time Daytona 500 winner Michael Waltrip will log some extra miles around Daytona International Speedway on Sunday.
Waltrip is one of four NASCAR drivers running in the Daytona Beach half marathon, which begins and ends at the famed 2 1/2-mile superspeedway. The 13.1-mile course also goes to the beach and back.
Five-time Sprint Cup champion Jimmie Johnson, Hendrick Motorsports teammate Kasey Kahne and Aric Almirola also are trading in their racing shoes for running shoes.
"Well, I ran my last marathon in 2005, and I ran the Vegas Marathon in 3:55," said the 50-year-old Waltrip. "I was really proud of that. I think I ran both halves in about the same amount of time. I haven't really run since then. I used this as motivation just to try to get back into better shape.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.