Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Waltrip, Johnson among Daytona half marathoners
Saturday - 2/16/2013, 4:30pm EST
AP Sports Writer
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Two-time Daytona 500 winner Michael Waltrip will log some extra miles around Daytona International Speedway on Sunday.
Waltrip is one of four NASCAR drivers running in the Daytona Beach half marathon, which begins and ends at the famed 2 1/2-mile superspeedway. The 13.1-mile course also goes to the beach and back.
Five-time Sprint Cup champion Jimmie Johnson, Hendrick Motorsports teammate Kasey Kahne and Aric Almirola also are trading in their racing shoes for running shoes.
"Well, I ran my last marathon in 2005, and I ran the Vegas Marathon in 3:55," said the 50-year-old Waltrip. "I was really proud of that. I think I ran both halves in about the same amount of time. I haven't really run since then. I used this as motivation just to try to get back into better shape.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.