Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Serena Williams reaches Qatar Open final
Saturday - 2/16/2013, 3:44pm EST
DOHA, Qatar (AP) -- A day after regaining the No. 1 ranking, Serena Williams defeated Maria Sharapova 6-3, 6-2 Saturday to reach the Qatar Open final. Williams has beaten Sharapova 10 straight times.
Williams will play for the title against Victoria Azarenka, whom she will replace at the top of the new rankings Monday. Azarenka beat Agnieszka Radwanska 6-3, 6-3 in the other semifinal.
Williams had been inconsistent for much of the week but was dominant Saturday. She broke Sharapova to go up 4-2 and had a love service game on the way to winning the first set.
Sharapova came out stronger in the second set and had a chance to pull in front 2-0. But Williams saved the break point and broke the third-ranked Russian to lead 2-1. She broke again for 5-2.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.