Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Orioles sign Jair Jurrjens to minor league deal
Friday - 2/15/2013, 11:50pm EST
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) -- Jair Jurrjens and the Baltimore Orioles have agreed to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
The move was announced Friday, more than three weeks after the sides reportedly reached a deal.
Jurrjens, an NL All-Star in 2011 with Atlanta, is 53-37 with a 3.62 ERA in six major league seasons, five with the Braves. The 27-year-old right-hander was demoted to the minors last season, when he was hampered by a strained groin and finished 3-4 with a 6.89 ERA.
Jurrjens has a history of knee and groin injuries. Atlanta did not offer him a contract after last season.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.