Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Orioles sign Jair Jurrjens to minor league deal
Friday - 2/15/2013, 11:50pm EST
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) -- Jair Jurrjens and the Baltimore Orioles have agreed to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
The move was announced Friday, more than three weeks after the sides reportedly reached a deal.
Jurrjens, an NL All-Star in 2011 with Atlanta, is 53-37 with a 3.62 ERA in six major league seasons, five with the Braves. The 27-year-old right-hander was demoted to the minors last season, when he was hampered by a strained groin and finished 3-4 with a 6.89 ERA.
Jurrjens has a history of knee and groin injuries. Atlanta did not offer him a contract after last season.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.