Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Orioles sign Jair Jurrjens to minor league deal
Friday - 2/15/2013, 11:50pm EST
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) -- Jair Jurrjens and the Baltimore Orioles have agreed to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
The move was announced Friday, more than three weeks after the sides reportedly reached a deal.
Jurrjens, an NL All-Star in 2011 with Atlanta, is 53-37 with a 3.62 ERA in six major league seasons, five with the Braves. The 27-year-old right-hander was demoted to the minors last season, when he was hampered by a strained groin and finished 3-4 with a 6.89 ERA.
Jurrjens has a history of knee and groin injuries. Atlanta did not offer him a contract after last season.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.