Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Ronaldo helps Madrid tie United 1-1
Wednesday - 2/13/2013, 7:40pm EST
MADRID (AP) -- Cristiano Ronaldo scored on a spectacular header for Real Madrid in a 1-1 draw with Manchester United on Wednesday night in the first leg of their final-16 Champions League series.
After Danny Welbeck opened the scoring for United in the 20th minutes with a header off a corner kick, Ronaldo rose high to meet Angel di Maria's swinging cross 10 minutes later for his 183rd goal for Madrid -- and first against former his former club.
"We began very strong and suddenly they scored and the match took on another form for us," Madrid coach Jose Mourinho said.
David de Gea made several impressive saves for United, including a fingertip effort onto the post to deny Fabio Coentrao in the first half.
"Fortunately, David De Gea made some very good saves. He's been improving all season and he made an absolutely superb save there," United manager Alex Ferguson said.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.