Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Ronaldo helps Madrid tie United 1-1
Wednesday - 2/13/2013, 7:40pm EST
MADRID (AP) -- Cristiano Ronaldo scored on a spectacular header for Real Madrid in a 1-1 draw with Manchester United on Wednesday night in the first leg of their final-16 Champions League series.
After Danny Welbeck opened the scoring for United in the 20th minutes with a header off a corner kick, Ronaldo rose high to meet Angel di Maria's swinging cross 10 minutes later for his 183rd goal for Madrid -- and first against former his former club.
"We began very strong and suddenly they scored and the match took on another form for us," Madrid coach Jose Mourinho said.
David de Gea made several impressive saves for United, including a fingertip effort onto the post to deny Fabio Coentrao in the first half.
"Fortunately, David De Gea made some very good saves. He's been improving all season and he made an absolutely superb save there," United manager Alex Ferguson said.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.