Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
US Fed Cup team to host Sweden in April playoffs
Wednesday - 2/13/2013, 4:08pm EST
LONDON (AP) -- The United States will host Sweden in the Fed Cup playoffs April 20-21, with the winner returning to the World Group in 2014.
The International Tennis Federation's draw on Wednesday also set up these playoffs: Serbia at Germany, Switzerland at Australia, and Japan at Spain.
The winning teams will return to the competition's main, eight-team field next year. The losers will go into a lower-tier playoff in 2014.
The U.S. Tennis Association says it plans to announce in the next two weeks which city will host the matches against Sweden.
The United States has won a record 17 Fed Cup titles, with the most recent in 2000. The Americans lost 3-2 at Italy last weekend in the first round of the World Group.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.