Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
US Fed Cup team to host Sweden in April playoffs
Wednesday - 2/13/2013, 4:08pm EST
LONDON (AP) -- The United States will host Sweden in the Fed Cup playoffs April 20-21, with the winner returning to the World Group in 2014.
The International Tennis Federation's draw on Wednesday also set up these playoffs: Serbia at Germany, Switzerland at Australia, and Japan at Spain.
The winning teams will return to the competition's main, eight-team field next year. The losers will go into a lower-tier playoff in 2014.
The U.S. Tennis Association says it plans to announce in the next two weeks which city will host the matches against Sweden.
The United States has won a record 17 Fed Cup titles, with the most recent in 2000. The Americans lost 3-2 at Italy last weekend in the first round of the World Group.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.