Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
US Fed Cup team to host Sweden in April playoffs
Wednesday - 2/13/2013, 4:08pm EST
LONDON (AP) -- The United States will host Sweden in the Fed Cup playoffs April 20-21, with the winner returning to the World Group in 2014.
The International Tennis Federation's draw on Wednesday also set up these playoffs: Serbia at Germany, Switzerland at Australia, and Japan at Spain.
The winning teams will return to the competition's main, eight-team field next year. The losers will go into a lower-tier playoff in 2014.
The U.S. Tennis Association says it plans to announce in the next two weeks which city will host the matches against Sweden.
The United States has won a record 17 Fed Cup titles, with the most recent in 2000. The Americans lost 3-2 at Italy last weekend in the first round of the World Group.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.