Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Flacco makes Fashion Week debut at Tommy Hilfiger
Saturday - 2/9/2013, 8:16pm EST
NEW YORK (AP) -- Joe Flacco is soaking up all the opportunities that come with being a Super Bowl champ, including nabbing a front row seat at New York Fashion Week.
The Baltimore Ravens quarterback and his wife, Dana Grady, had prime real-estate for Tommy Hilfiger's ever-preppy menswear collection Friday at the Park Avenue Armory.
"It was pretty cool. It was a lot quicker than I thought it would have been," said Flacco after watching his first fashion show.
As a brutal Nor'easter raged outside, the Hilfiger men on the runway bundled up in hefty coats with plush fur collars, cozy argyle sweaters and patterned turtlenecks.
If there's one takeaway from the fall collection: Houndstooth is a man's best friend.
It came down the runway in subtle waves -- just peeking out from the lining of a coat or scarf -- and in bold explosions, including a head-to-toe ensemble of houndstooth trousers and trench. Hilfiger also mixed and matched his pattern du jour with plaids and argyle.
Flacco, who led the Ravens in a 34-31 victory against the San Francisco 49ers at the Super Bowl in New Orleans, gave a nod of approval as a model passed by in a fitted navy blazer, layered under a dark, shearling car coat.
So what would his teammates say about his fashion week cameo?
"You know they'd probably pick on me a little bit, but it was a lot of fun," said Flacco.
Follow Nicole Evatt on Twitter at http://twitter.com/NicoleEvatt
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.