Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Md. senators to collect on Super Bowl wager
Thursday - 2/7/2013, 3:30am EST
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Maryland's U.S. senators are enjoying the spoils of victory following the Baltimore Ravens' win in the Super Bowl.
Sens. Barbara Mikulski and Ben Cardin will collect what they call a "San Francisco feast" on Tuesday from California's senators, Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein. The Ravens beat the San Francisco 49ers, 34-31, on Sunday in New Orleans. It was the second Super Bowl title for the franchise.
The senators wagered delicacies from their home states on the game. Mikulski and Cardin will get to enjoy Dungeness crabs, Napa Valley wine, sourdough bread and Northern California cheeses.
Had the 49ers prevailed, the Maryland delegation would have toasted the California senators with crab cakes, Berger cookies, Heavy Seas beer and a can of hairspray.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.