Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Ex-NASCAR driver leads police on 2-state chase
Friday - 2/1/2013, 1:24pm EST
ST. GEORGE, Utah (AP) - Police say a man who led authorities on a chase in Nevada and Utah is a former NASCAR driver.
The Spectrum of St. George reports ( http://bit.ly/WHMBeE) that police stopped Timothy Tyler Andrew Walker on Wednesday in southern Utah following a chase that began in Nevada. Authorities say Walker had marijuana, pills and open containers of alcohol in his luxury BMW sedan.
They also arrested a female passenger.
Walker competed in 28 NASCAR races before the association suspended him in 2007 for violating its drug policy. He drove in 19 NASCAR Nationwide series and nine Camping World Truck Series races during his career.
Walker stopped the black BMW after he drove over spike strips on the road, then ran away before being arrested.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)