Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
South Africa's new big-money tournament on hold
Friday - 2/1/2013, 12:49pm EST
AP Sports Writer
PORT ELIZABETH, South Africa (AP) - The South African golf tournament claiming to be among the richest anywhere outside the United States and a challenger to some of the world's top events has been indefinitely postponed.
Organizers said Friday that the Tournament of Hope, which was to have prize money of $8.5 million, won't take place in November as planned and has been "put on hold for the foreseeable future" after failing to secure sponsorship.
South Africa's Sunshine Tour says that it has been "unable to fulfill the expectations of potential sponsors for various reasons beyond its control" and the weakening of the South African currency "added more pressure to the budget."
Sunshine Tour executive director Selwyn Nathan says "it is deeply regrettable that we have had to take this decision."
The Tournament of Hope was sanctioned by the International Federation of PGA Tours, though it did not receive World Golf Championships status. It was to be the centerpiece of a proposed worldwide AIDS awareness effort.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)