Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Jennifer Hudson to sing with Sandy Hook chorus
Thursday - 1/31/2013, 2:50pm EST
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Jennifer Hudson will join the chorus from Sandy Hook Elementary School to sing "America the Beautiful" before Sunday's Super Bowl game.
NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said Thursday that the Grammy and Oscar-winning singer would join the Sandy Hook chorus. It features 26 children from the school in Newtown, Conn., where 20 first-graders and six adults were killed in a Dec. 14 shooting rampage.
The performance will be part of CBS's pre-game show before the game between the San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens, and will be broadcast live. Alicia Keys will sing the national anthem.
Children who survived the shooting rampage also recorded a version of "Over the Rainbow" to raise money for charity. Proceeds benefit the United Way of Western Connecticut and the Newtown Youth Academy.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)