Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Czechs open Davis Cup title defense in Switzerland
Thursday - 1/31/2013, 7:23am EST
GENEVA (AP) - The Davis Cup champion Czech Republic begins defending its title on Friday when Lukas Rosol opens against Stanislas Wawrinka of Switzerland.
Czech No. 1 Tomas Berdych follows on the indoor hard-court against Swiss recruit Henri Laaksonen, who switched eligibility after representing Finland.
Swiss star Roger Federer is skipping the series and Czech veteran Radek Stepanek is sidelined by injury.
Berdych and Stepanek played all five matches when the Czechs beat Spain 3-2 in the final last November in Prague.
Nineteen-year-old left-hander Jiri Vesely should make his Davis Cup debut in Saturday's doubles, partnering Ivo Minar against Wawrinka and Marco Chiudinelli.
The marquee match between 17th-ranked Wawrinka, who lost an epic five-setter to Novak Djokovic at the Australian Open, and sixth-ranked Berdych would be early singles match on Sunday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)