Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Czechs open Davis Cup title defense in Switzerland
Thursday - 1/31/2013, 7:23am EST
GENEVA (AP) - The Davis Cup champion Czech Republic begins defending its title on Friday when Lukas Rosol opens against Stanislas Wawrinka of Switzerland.
Czech No. 1 Tomas Berdych follows on the indoor hard-court against Swiss recruit Henri Laaksonen, who switched eligibility after representing Finland.
Swiss star Roger Federer is skipping the series and Czech veteran Radek Stepanek is sidelined by injury.
Berdych and Stepanek played all five matches when the Czechs beat Spain 3-2 in the final last November in Prague.
Nineteen-year-old left-hander Jiri Vesely should make his Davis Cup debut in Saturday's doubles, partnering Ivo Minar against Wawrinka and Marco Chiudinelli.
The marquee match between 17th-ranked Wawrinka, who lost an epic five-setter to Novak Djokovic at the Australian Open, and sixth-ranked Berdych would be early singles match on Sunday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)