Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Angels' Pujols hopes to join Dominicans for WBC
Tuesday - 1/29/2013, 6:46pm EST
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic (AP) - Los Angeles Angels slugger Albert Pujols says he hopes to play for the Dominican Republic after the second round of the World Baseball Classic.
The first baseman and three-time NL MVP had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee in October. He would need special permission from the Angels to take part in the Classic.
Pujols told a Dominican radio show that the Angels support him in his goal to play for his Caribbean homeland during the international competition.
He said Tuesday: "That's why I had the operation in October, to be ready for the Classic."
Pujols says he's working to strengthen his right leg and expects to be in good condition for the start of spring training.
Pujols hit .285 with 30 homers in his first season with the Angels.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)