Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Angels' Pujols hopes to join Dominicans for WBC
Tuesday - 1/29/2013, 6:46pm EST
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic (AP) - Los Angeles Angels slugger Albert Pujols says he hopes to play for the Dominican Republic after the second round of the World Baseball Classic.
The first baseman and three-time NL MVP had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee in October. He would need special permission from the Angels to take part in the Classic.
Pujols told a Dominican radio show that the Angels support him in his goal to play for his Caribbean homeland during the international competition.
He said Tuesday: "That's why I had the operation in October, to be ready for the Classic."
Pujols says he's working to strengthen his right leg and expects to be in good condition for the start of spring training.
Pujols hit .285 with 30 homers in his first season with the Angels.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)