Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Mattioli III leaving Pocono Raceway
Monday - 1/28/2013, 12:18pm EST
LONG POND, Pa. (AP) - The son of the late Joseph "Doc" Mattioli is stepping down as a member of the Board of Directors at Pocono Raceway, the track founded by his father.
The track announced Monday that Joseph R. Mattioli, III was leaving after a four-decade career at Pocono, including a stint as president and chief operating officer.
Mattioli III said the time was right to step down with the raceway now in the "very capable hands" of the next generation.
Doc Mattioli died last January. Current track president Brandon Igdalsky is Doc Mattioli's grandson and Joseph Mattioli III's nephew.
The track said the younger Mattioli planned to focus more time working with veterans organizations that he has supported.
Pocono has long been a stop for two races on NASCAR's Sprint Cup circuit.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)