Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Mattioli III leaving Pocono Raceway
Monday - 1/28/2013, 12:18pm EST
LONG POND, Pa. (AP) - The son of the late Joseph "Doc" Mattioli is stepping down as a member of the Board of Directors at Pocono Raceway, the track founded by his father.
The track announced Monday that Joseph R. Mattioli, III was leaving after a four-decade career at Pocono, including a stint as president and chief operating officer.
Mattioli III said the time was right to step down with the raceway now in the "very capable hands" of the next generation.
Doc Mattioli died last January. Current track president Brandon Igdalsky is Doc Mattioli's grandson and Joseph Mattioli III's nephew.
The track said the younger Mattioli planned to focus more time working with veterans organizations that he has supported.
Pocono has long been a stop for two races on NASCAR's Sprint Cup circuit.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)