Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Mattioli III leaving Pocono Raceway
Monday - 1/28/2013, 12:18pm EST
LONG POND, Pa. (AP) - The son of the late Joseph "Doc" Mattioli is stepping down as a member of the Board of Directors at Pocono Raceway, the track founded by his father.
The track announced Monday that Joseph R. Mattioli, III was leaving after a four-decade career at Pocono, including a stint as president and chief operating officer.
Mattioli III said the time was right to step down with the raceway now in the "very capable hands" of the next generation.
Doc Mattioli died last January. Current track president Brandon Igdalsky is Doc Mattioli's grandson and Joseph Mattioli III's nephew.
The track said the younger Mattioli planned to focus more time working with veterans organizations that he has supported.
Pocono has long been a stop for two races on NASCAR's Sprint Cup circuit.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)