Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Injured Venus Williams out of Paris, Fed Cup
Friday - 1/25/2013, 3:32pm EST
PARIS (AP) - Venus Williams has pulled out of next week's Open GDF Suez tournament and the upcoming Fed Cup against Italy because of a back injury.
The 26th-ranked Williams said in a statement Friday that she had hoped to take part in the WTA tournament in order to improve her ranking, but that "unfortunately I have a pain in my back which obliges me to rest and so to miss the Parisian event as well as the Fed Cup the week after."
Williams lost in straight sets to Maria Sharapova in the third round of the Australian Open. She also lost in the quarterfinals of the doubles alongside sister Serena.
Former French Open champion Francesca Schiavone has been given a wild-card entry by organizers as a replacement.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)