Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Puerto Rican boxer Wilfred Benitez hospitalized
Friday - 12/28/2012, 3:22pm EST
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) - Retired Puerto Rican boxing great Wilfred Benitez has been hospitalized in the U.S. territory after family members worried he might have suffered a stroke.
Yvonne Benitez tells The Associated Press that her brother will remain under observation for 72 hours. She said Friday that the family is awaiting medical tests results but that the 54-year-old Benitez is doing well and reading newspapers and magazines.
Benitez is the youngest fighter to ever win a world title, at 17 years old, but he struggled with traumatic brain injuries later in life. He was previously hospitalized in October 1996 after being found unconscious at home and currently uses a wheelchair.
Benitez's record is 53-8-1, with 31 knockouts.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)