Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Puerto Rican boxer Wilfred Benitez hospitalized
Friday - 12/28/2012, 3:22pm EST
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) - Retired Puerto Rican boxing great Wilfred Benitez has been hospitalized in the U.S. territory after family members worried he might have suffered a stroke.
Yvonne Benitez tells The Associated Press that her brother will remain under observation for 72 hours. She said Friday that the family is awaiting medical tests results but that the 54-year-old Benitez is doing well and reading newspapers and magazines.
Benitez is the youngest fighter to ever win a world title, at 17 years old, but he struggled with traumatic brain injuries later in life. He was previously hospitalized in October 1996 after being found unconscious at home and currently uses a wheelchair.
Benitez's record is 53-8-1, with 31 knockouts.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)