Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Indians trade Shin-Soo Choo to Reds
Tuesday - 12/11/2012, 8:58pm EST
AP Sports Writer
CLEVELAND (AP) - The Cleveland Indians have traded outfielder Shin-Soo Choo and infielder-outfielder Jason Donald to the Cincinnati Reds for outfielder Drew Stubbs.
The deal came Tuesday night. The Indians are working on other deals, including one that could include shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera.
Choo, who has been Cleveland's primary right fielder for the Indians since 2006, will likely play center and bat leadoff for Cincinnati.
Dealing Choo was almost a necessity for the Indians. He was entering the final year of his contract and is eligible for free agency in 2013. The Indians have not been able to work out a deal with agent Scott Boras, who has turned down several extensions in recent years.
The 30-year-old Choo batted .283 with 16 homers and 67 RBIs in 155 games last season. Donald hit .202 in 43 games.
Stubbs has played center exclusively for the Reds. He batted .213 with 14 homers and 40 RBIs, and struck out 166 times in 493 at-bats.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)