Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Packers fans ready to celebrate Aaron Rodgers Day
Tuesday - 12/11/2012, 11:55am EST
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - To most people, Wednesday will just be a quirky date: Dec. 12, 2012, or 12-12-12. But to Packers fans, the number 12 carries special meaning.
Quarterback Aaron Rodgers wears No. 12. So earlier this year the state Legislature designated the day Aaron Rodgers Day in honor of the Super Bowl winner and last year's MVP.
Some public and private businesses are encouraging their employees to wear Rodgers jerseys Wednesday. Others are encouraging $12 donations to the MACC Fund charity. A Green Bay mall is offering special deals, including $20 Aaron Rodgers T-shirts for $12.
Rodgers has said he prefers to deflect personal attention to his team, but he was honored by the proclamation.
Rodgers' predecessor wore No. 4. However, the state Legislature never named April 4, 2004 Brett Favre Day.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)