Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Packers fans ready to celebrate Aaron Rodgers Day
Tuesday - 12/11/2012, 11:55am EST
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - To most people, Wednesday will just be a quirky date: Dec. 12, 2012, or 12-12-12. But to Packers fans, the number 12 carries special meaning.
Quarterback Aaron Rodgers wears No. 12. So earlier this year the state Legislature designated the day Aaron Rodgers Day in honor of the Super Bowl winner and last year's MVP.
Some public and private businesses are encouraging their employees to wear Rodgers jerseys Wednesday. Others are encouraging $12 donations to the MACC Fund charity. A Green Bay mall is offering special deals, including $20 Aaron Rodgers T-shirts for $12.
Rodgers has said he prefers to deflect personal attention to his team, but he was honored by the proclamation.
Rodgers' predecessor wore No. 4. However, the state Legislature never named April 4, 2004 Brett Favre Day.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)