Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
AP Source: Middle Tennessee joining Conference USA
Wednesday - 11/28/2012, 1:07pm EST
AP Sports Writer
(AP) - A person familiar with the situation says Middle Tennessee has accepted an offer to join Conference USA and is leaving the Sun Belt.
The person spoke to The Associated Press Wednesday on condition of anonymity because neither the conference nor Middle Tennessee had publically announced the decision. The Virginian-Pilot first reported the move.
Middle Tennessee announced it will hold a news conference on campus Thursday but did not say what it was in regards to. The Blue Raiders (8-3) play Arkansas State on Saturday for the Sun Belt Conference championship.
The move is the latest domino to fall in conference realignment. Tulane and East Carolina announced Tuesday they are leaving Conference USA to join the Big East. The Green Wave will be full Big East members; the Pirates football only.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)