Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Utah girl and football star gets own Wheaties box
Wednesday - 11/21/2012, 3:13pm EST
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - A 9-year-old Utah girl who plays little-league football can claim a Wheaties cereal box.
The Salt Lake Tribune reports ( http://bit.ly/Umy9Gb) that Samantha Gordon of Herriman goes by the nickname "Sweet Feet."
Gordon ran for more than 2,000 yards and scored 35 touchdowns in a just-completed season for the Gremlin Division of the Ute Conference _ football for little leaguers.
The girl's performance has gone viral on YouTube, making her something of a sports celebrity. She appeared Wednesday on "Good Morning America" with her likeness on a custom-made box of Wheaties.
General Mills Inc. tells The Associated Press it's a one-of-a-kind box _ Samantha's image won't be used on Wheaties boxes sold in stores.
Her coach Chris Staib calls the running back a tenacious young athlete.
Information from: The Salt Lake Tribune, http://www.sltrib.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)