Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Utah girl and football star gets own Wheaties box
Wednesday - 11/21/2012, 3:13pm EST
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - A 9-year-old Utah girl who plays little-league football can claim a Wheaties cereal box.
The Salt Lake Tribune reports ( http://bit.ly/Umy9Gb) that Samantha Gordon of Herriman goes by the nickname "Sweet Feet."
Gordon ran for more than 2,000 yards and scored 35 touchdowns in a just-completed season for the Gremlin Division of the Ute Conference _ football for little leaguers.
The girl's performance has gone viral on YouTube, making her something of a sports celebrity. She appeared Wednesday on "Good Morning America" with her likeness on a custom-made box of Wheaties.
General Mills Inc. tells The Associated Press it's a one-of-a-kind box _ Samantha's image won't be used on Wheaties boxes sold in stores.
Her coach Chris Staib calls the running back a tenacious young athlete.
Information from: The Salt Lake Tribune, http://www.sltrib.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)