Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Utah girl and football star gets own Wheaties box
Wednesday - 11/21/2012, 3:13pm EST
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - A 9-year-old Utah girl who plays little-league football can claim a Wheaties cereal box.
The Salt Lake Tribune reports ( http://bit.ly/Umy9Gb) that Samantha Gordon of Herriman goes by the nickname "Sweet Feet."
Gordon ran for more than 2,000 yards and scored 35 touchdowns in a just-completed season for the Gremlin Division of the Ute Conference _ football for little leaguers.
The girl's performance has gone viral on YouTube, making her something of a sports celebrity. She appeared Wednesday on "Good Morning America" with her likeness on a custom-made box of Wheaties.
General Mills Inc. tells The Associated Press it's a one-of-a-kind box _ Samantha's image won't be used on Wheaties boxes sold in stores.
Her coach Chris Staib calls the running back a tenacious young athlete.
Information from: The Salt Lake Tribune, http://www.sltrib.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)